• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptile Supplies @ Expo Prices: R & T Pet Supply (GOOD

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I just wanted to share a good supplier that I found. If you've ever gone to the White Plains expo and walked to the very back and go up the stairs, I am talking about the supplier next to the people that have all the snakes and lizards. His prices are some of the cheapest at the expo.

He runs a store out of College Point, Queens (don't let this deter you he'll ship nationally or meet you in Manhattan where he works on the side) but sells reptile supplies at expo prices through his store too! He is a wholesaler and let me tell you, you will save a TON of money. I was very pleased with my recent transaction with him. He has a website: http://randtpetsupply.com/. Despite the fact that he primarily sells dog, cat, fish, and chinchilla stuff in his store, he can get you ANY reptile supplies you want! Zilla, ZooMed, ExoTerra, anything. This is how he does the expos.

Basically, I knew this so I sent an email (you can call him if you want to) to him and gave a detailed list of the supplies I needed. He came back with the price list and had them to me within 2 days. Normally, he'd like more advanced notice than that though. Anyway, I saved so much money and I was able to purchase all of the supplies I needed for my new tegu without even stepping foot inside the expo. What's good is that if he ships the stuff to you he doesn't make a profit on shipping. He's not like the online sites that will charge you $10 extra in shipping costs so they make profit off of that too. His items are priced VERY SLIGHTLY above cost.

When I met Russ, the owner of the store, I was truly inspired. He REALLY loves animals. He's the guy that'll send you back to the person you bought your reptile from at the expo, and make them tell you how to take care of the animal before buying stuff just to prove a point and make sure that you are not going to kill the animal. A lot of the breeders and suppliers at the expo want to charge high prices and they don't care what happens to the animal they sell you. Anyway, while he's not making a substantial profit, he's charging wholesale prices due to his true love of animals. He wants to provide an affordable means of providing what you need to take care of your animal properly so that YOU don't cut corners. There have been so many times where he's seen people buy beardies and other lizards at that expo and then know NOTHING about the costs associated with the supplies. He figures if he can offer stuff a lot cheaper than maybe these people will buy the proper supplies.

Anyway, sorry for ranting but I think this is a really good way to buy your beardie/reptile supplies. Check his store out or call him up if you need stuff.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Yeah - I guess there is some drama between the sellers at the expo because he offers stuff for cheaper than the others and therefore is too competitive. Some people have started selling their stuff at cost just to wipe out his store so they can allegedly bring the prices back up. Again, I strongly recommend his store.

That said, MY TEGU SETUP IS READY TO GO YIPPEE! I can't wait!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced