• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptisun 10.0 T5 46" - distance from reptiles?

mdeford09

So I have been looking around to find the details on these bulbs. I have multiple 4ft light fixtures so I have purchased many of these bulbs (bulk discount). However, I am not finding any specs on that size. Lots of info on them up to 2ft but, even the website doesn't include the 54w 4 footer. They don't even indicate the lumens of visible light it emits. (that or I am blind and not seeing it anywhere)

Anyone use these for their Tegu or other reptiles? If so, how far do you keep them? Figured I would ask before I went and spent a few hundred bucks on a UV meter.

Thanks!

mdeford09

Never mind, I found the answer.

In case anyone else needs the answer....The brightness of UV does not increase with the size of the bulb. A 2ft bulb and 4ft bulb need be to the same distance from your pet. The 4ft bulb just covers more area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602