• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Respiratory infection??

firfy

My blue tegu is about 1 year old and I am noticing some signs of a respiratory infection. When ever he breathes I hear clicking sounds. He is still eating very well though. Also I can hear him breathing when he decides to go under a blanket or something is that normal? He is super active too and jumps on top of my shoe cubby whenever he can. There is no mucus coming out of his nose, and there is no mucus build up in his mouth either. I just want to know if this is a early respiratory infection and if I should take him to the vet. His basking spot is around 100 degrees and his humidity is always around 60-70 percent his cool side of the enclosure is around 80-85 degrees and at night time it goes down to about 70-75 degrees. The clicking sound seems to be more noticeable when he is done eating

Last edited:

Zyn

Raise the surface temp of his basking spot to 115 to 120. Other than that, if it hard worse I’d see a vet if you think that what it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced