• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Retained Shed? Please Help!

TheOneKimchi

Hi everyone,
My baby Red Tegu is having a little trouble shedding, even though I keep the humidity up. It's gotten pretty bad, to the point of he has cracking around his upper armpits, more pronounced on one side. I soak him daily, for about 20-30 minutes in warm water, and afterwards I apply cocoa butter on the area. I could post pictures in this thread later today, I just need to know if his retained shed is able to be helped, or if his arm is infected. It doesn't appear to bother him whil he moves around, and I keep his cage really clean (3% bleach solution every 7 days). Please help! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Jessi & my baby Kimchi

Derek Doel

I had the same issue with my black and white. I bought a tropical mist spray from zilla that I sprayed on twice a day and that helped with the shed. I spray him everyday even after he has shed. The bottle was about $13

TheOneKimchi

I got a Repti-Fogger, and it's on him nonstop, but still no shedding. Concerned.. But his arms are getting better, not as bad as it was before. But still, no shedding.

Derek Doel

i have a repti-fogger on all times as well. I needed to use the Tropical mist spray as he was having a hard time shedding his tail skin

Deac77

5 Year Member
You may need to change diet, reds require more fruit to shed properly.

Maybe give us a basic rundown of the setup including temps, humidity, diet and substrate

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced