• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino growth

dabears51

I've had Krone since March 13th and I have to say it's been a blast! He eats like there's no tomorrow. He's still a little high strung at times but allows me to pet him now. He'll close his eyes while I do it some of the time.

Lately, when I slide open his doors to take out his empty food bowl he lunges at me and tries to act like he's the boss. He lunges as if trying to bite me but never really does. Is that food aggression or just telling me that EVERYTHING in his cage is his? I know tegus can get food aggressive but not sure about iguanas since they're vegetarian.

Lastly is growth. I measured Krone the day I took him out of his shipping box and measured 14.5". One month and 2 days later he's measuring exactly 17". I'm wondering if he's growing too fast or just right?

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Him lunging is him saying he's the boss in my opinion,mine whips me alittle i ignore him lol,i had other rhino's do that normal,thats his territory lol.I think he's growing normal since they tend to eat more during the spring to summer months just offer him food every day like normal.Thats my opinion.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Feed him everyday until he's a year old, then feed him every other day. I feed Buzz every other day and he's grown a solid inch and a half in the month I've had him.

I think it's cool that Krone arrived to you the same day that I received Buzz - legit! Buzz will arch up when I go to pick him up, he's whipped a couple times but outside the enclosure he's tame as can be.

Seeing as our weather here is rather great year round, I'm building Buzz his new future/permanent outdoor enclosure when my new fence is up. So hopefully by the end of this month or beginning of May. The dimensions are going to be 14x6x6ft, it'll be great! Krone is a beast!

dabears51

TeguBuzz said:
Feed him everyday until he's a year old, then feed him every other day. I feed Buzz every other day and he's grown a solid inch and a half in the month I've had him.

I think it's cool that Krone arrived to you the same day that I received Buzz - legit! Buzz will arch up when I go to pick him up, he's whipped a couple times but outside the enclosure he's tame as can be.

Seeing as our weather here is rather great year round, I'm building Buzz his new future/permanent outdoor enclosure when my new fence is up. So hopefully by the end of this month or beginning of May. The dimensions are going to be 14x6x6ft, it'll be great! Krone is a beast!

Krone literally eats all day! I fill his bowl with greens in the morning. When I get home, I add some iguana diet or Mazuri TC every other day. His belly could be swelled to the max but he somehow has room to eat his treats!

Out of all my pets, only my tarantulas act aggressive towards me when I put my hands in their tank. It's like tug of war with one of my T's when I want to take out her water dish:)

Buzz is a cool lizard! I was really debating between getting a Cuban/Lewisi cross or my Rhino. No regrets so far. If I had room I would get a Lewisi. Maybe in the future...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980