• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

RIP Chewy

Diablo

5 Year Member
So I haven't been on that much lately. Yoshi has been hibernating like a rock since early November, and I've been really busy with working 25-30 hour weeks and going to school full time. My family has three dogs and two cats along with my tegu. One of the cats is mine and I've had him since I was 6 years old (I'm 18 now). Needless to say I really was close to my cat because for some reason whenever I was going through something or a rough time (which happened a lot believe me) he would be sitting outside waiting for me to come home from work and as soon as I step out of the car he would be at my feet knowing it was me. These past couple of months I've noticed his old age was taking a toll on him because he could no longer jump onto my bed and I had to pick him up and put him there to sleep at night. To make things worse on him, my brother found a month old kitten outside one day and took him in. When this kitten finally got the courage to walk around the house he got ACTIVE. And by active I mean constantly play fighting with Chewy (my cat) and annoying him.

Last week I was at work closing up and right before I was about to leave my boss told me my brother was on the phone for me. I keep my cell in a bag and don't use it during work so I immediately knew this was not going to be a good phone call. He told me he and my other brother were at the vet with Chewy and he wasn't doing good. He had a blood clot in his back and could no longer use his back legs and they were going to put him down and I had to get there quick if I wanted to see him one last time. Needless to say I got in my car and drove as fast as I possibly could to the vet. When I got there he was laying on the table looking around, obviously scared, meowing and drooling all over himself. I just broke down I could not help it. I sat there and I petted him and talked to him until finally he started purring. The vet came in and explained everything and started to put him down, and I guess chewy knew what was happening as he tried to use his front two legs to move away so I had to hold him down while the vet put him down. I have never witnessed a pet be put down, especially one that I was this close with. I'm telling you guys this because I know you all appreciate and care for your pets as much as I do and you all probably have had to do this at one point in your life. None of my family or friends know just how much this cat meant to me, and so it still has me pretty torn up, I miss him so much but I know he is not in pain anymore.

RIP Chewy

He's the one in front
[attachment=6210]

Attachments

• 2012-12-29_04-41-20_180.jpg
    2012-12-29_04-41-20_180.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm so sorry. I adore my furries. I had to have my cat put down two years ago, he was 18. The one I have left is 12 this year.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to set a beloved pet free, but know that you did the right thing. You will see Chewy again one day.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Awwww... his face is so sweet ( like my big charlie who was hit by a car...he was still alive so believe me i know what it's like because I sat with him to be put down...along with another cat, a bird, etc) anyway yes I feel your loss and pray your heart heals soon so you can think of the 'good times ' and without breaking down crying.ugh. my 3 legged cat spot was my last cat to go...she was 16 and died at the foot of my bed :( she was my best friend. *hugs* to you

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced