• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Russet Rhino video

dabears51

Here is a quick video of Krone, my Russet Rhino Iguana. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJoHWBvWCA&context=C480bbe8ADvjVQa1PpcFOkb7BdXVUdVAx5Rjo-CecV9rWbja33ATU=

teguboy77

5 Year Member
My russets is kinda the same way,he's still nervous like ur russets but getting better.Great video thanks for sharing.

Maro1

I have a Russetts that would Love to put a bite on me. Still not wanting to Tame. Yours looks like he is coming around. Mine Lol he is 2' and waiting to put the hurt on me! lol

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i guess there all alittle different in there own way some more docile some not.
:)
Maro1 said:
I have a Russetts that would Love to put a bite on me. Still not wanting to Tame. Yours looks like he is coming around. Mine Lol he is 2' and waiting to put the hurt on me! lol

Hey Maro1 can u post some pictures of ur russets plz.:)

dabears51

Maro1 said:
Sure, I'll get them up tomorrow.

Yeah, Krone is weird. Some days he'll lunge at me as soon as I slide open his window to feed him. Other days he'll just stare at me. He'll lunge at me with his mouth open and even feel his teeth but he won't clamp down or bite. LIl guy is crazy! lol.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
dabears51 said:
Maro1 said:
Sure, I'll get them up tomorrow.

Yeah, Krone is weird. Some days he'll lunge at me as soon as I slide open his window to feed him. Other days he'll just stare at me. He'll lunge at me with his mouth open and even feel his teeth but he won't clamp down or bite. LIl guy is crazy! lol.

My russets golddust doest try to lunge he's getting better with me being in his cage,he will whip me once in a while but thats it.I just do what i have to in his cage as far as cleaning,feeding ,water dish change and hes getting better.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yes cant wait to see ur new pictures of ur russets,i love the russets rhino's,well all rhino iguans lol,but russets being my favorite.

Maro1

My 2 year old Russet Iguana. He is not the friendliest fellow. In fact I think he would like to take a bite out of me. He just came in from his outdoor cage. I use a dog kennel transfer cage to lure him into it from his large outdoor cage with food. Then carry it in the house and lure him into his in house cage. I'll be glad when the summer temps come so he can stay outside for a few months. The indoor color ins not good. He is not green but more like the russet you see on his head. I'll try to film him outside this week

http://youtu.be/SmmqfibcwOY

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I can tell he's a russets,it looked like he was going to try to nip u threw the cage at the end of the video .This is the russets u bought from ty rite?Still a nice rhino thanks for sharing.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Maro1 said:
He will take treats but if he can get to your finger he will take that as well :)

Darn gotta becareful lol,my russets will charge me in his cage i ignore him and he stops he'll get better in time as he gets older.

dabears51

teguboy77 said:
Maro1 said:
He will take treats but if he can get to your finger he will take that as well :)

Darn gotta becareful lol,my russets will charge me in his cage i ignore him and he stops he'll get better in time as he gets older.

Mine does it all the time now. When I feed him now, he'll lunge and stand on top of his dish! He'll even tailwhip me a little. lol. If I keep my hand in there a while, he'll stop. Funny little bugger!

teguboy77

5 Year Member
dabears51 said:
teguboy77 said:
Maro1 said:

Mine does it all the time now. When I feed him now, he'll lunge and stand on top of his dish! He'll even tailwhip me a little. lol. If I keep my hand in there a while, he'll stop. Funny little bugger!

Mine does the same thing but not everytime, he'll hiss and lunge but dont bite,thats him saying he's the boss and its his cage again as they get older they should stop that,but funny how they act all tuff lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced