• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Savannah Monitor Growth Rate

chillydogwillis

5 Year Member
Hi i have a Savannah Monitor named Van and i got him about 3 months ago. He was about 4 inches back then and he's 8&1/2'' now. Anyway i was wondering if thats normal? I can't wait for him to get big (1ft on up). Anyway how long did it take for your hatchlings to pass the FT long mark? Is yours tame? How did that process go? Thanks for any info

chillydogwillis

5 Year Member
I do but i am wicked illiterate when it comes to the internet. I read the walkthrouh from a previous post but the letters were to small and i couldn't see exactly what it said my pics are on photo bucket and i can only find html codes.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Use the HTML codes from your photobucket and post it right into the comment box where you reply. It will start with

dicy

5 Year Member
ok i know whut iam going to say isnt that imporytant but u could try to talk to danceswhitsavs he kept grow rates from his animals and other peoples animals if its a smart plan to read ? but can always be handy to see difrent growrates from difrent animals

lotsareps

5 Year Member
aww its so cute

my young sav has a more pointy snout though (i should really make a gallery of my animals)

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
You can expect heathy young monitors to grow a couple of inches a month if they are heated and fed properly. Monitors should be offered food daily even if it isn't a full meal. You can mix up the menu by offering a variety of insects, snails, crayfish, rodents, and an occasional bit of cooked egg.

I have seen hatchling Savs hit the 1 foot mark by the age of 4-5 months. Personally I would prefer a little slower growth rate. I believe it's healthier for the animal overall and ensures a longer lifespan. Your Sav's growth is quite normal and reasonable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602