• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Scale Rot

zfro

Please let me know if it is scale rot or not. Also what causes scalel rot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
67f7b804a8fa27df59c70f04aa01fc92.jpg

Zyn

Hard to tell but it can be caused by a lot of things.

Is substrate wet? If he can't get away damp or wet substrate this can be a cause. Remember a humid environment doesn't mean wet sub.

Bacteria in the sub, needs cleaned or changed.

Mold can do it

But most of the time it's wet sub they need a side that's more dry as well try adding ventation to the enclosure.

Did you feed live prey? Looks like a rat nip to me.

Remember if it is scale rot it can get into the blood steam eventually and that is fatal.

zfro

Hard to tell but it can be caused by a lot of things.

Is substrate wet? If he can't get away damp or wet substrate this can be a cause. Remember a humid environment doesn't mean wet sub.

Bacteria in the sub, needs cleaned or changed.

Mold can do it

But most of the time it's wet sub they need a side that's more dry as well try adding ventation to the enclosure.

Did you feed live prey? Looks like a rat nip to me.

Remember if it is scale rot it can get into the blood steam eventually and that is fatal.
Thanks Zyn he is good now. It was wet substrate. Went to the vet got an antiseptic. I had To deep of a dirt bed it never dried out. He is a lot better now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602