• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Shedding problem?

PantherCham

Little baby shed a couple months ago and looks like she might have more dead skin covering her. Her tail seems almost bony and is very rigid. Anyone know what I should do?

Attachments

• 2289DC79-35EB-4C4A-A9F0-E808EB4284E7.jpeg
    2289DC79-35EB-4C4A-A9F0-E808EB4284E7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • 10DFDCE5-8D0B-4437-B5C1-C13E2B1F8FED.jpeg
    10DFDCE5-8D0B-4437-B5C1-C13E2B1F8FED.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm not a veterinarian. A skinny tail, hips and thighes are not good at all.

Zyn

She looks sickly and has a layer of stuck shed on the lower half and looks dehydrated

Zyn

Some other things to think about also. It doesn’t look humid in there, I’d switch that cypress out for something finner like coco husk till it’s larger. She should be eating her fill of whole prey daily till she puts some weight on. Rat or mouse pinkies/fuzzy till she puts weight on. A good soaking daily till she clears the stuck shed. I’d also check her hot spot temps. Is she getting any UVB at all? Is her water dish large enough to submerge herself in?

Skeep

5 Year Member
Like the others have said, getting to a vet wouldn't be a bad idea. How long has the shed been stuck on there? It looks like she has a full belly which is good, so I'm wondering if the problem shed is constricting her lower body as she's grown the past little while. I would leave the cypress mulch as it holds humidity very well but that's just my opinion. I agree with Zyn she may desperately need a high humidity environment and a good water dish (although the water should be shallow enough so she won't drown if she is relaxing in it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny