• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Shedding

Jessicak

Hey guys.
Some of you may know or remember, I got Reptar in September. I posted a lot about him not eating very much, and he still hasn't eaten much. He still poops every now and then when I put him in the bath tub but I'm a little bit concerned about him. He hasn't shed since I got him in September, he's actually never shed for me. I did weigh him in the beginning and I wrote the number down, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. I do plan to weigh him again to see if he's grown at all. Should I be worried that he hasn't shed?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What is his total length?
Do his thighs, hips, or tail look thin as opposed to plump or at least wll-formed?
Are his eyes clear when open?
Does he wheeze?

My guess is that he's resting for the winter.

Jessicak

His eyes are great. No wheezing. He still looks plump but I can tell his middle isn't as fat as when I got him. I'll measure him when I get him out though

Jrock23

what are are temps and humidity? How much is he eating? What is the temps of your basking area, or maybe he is hibernating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi