• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

shedding

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is stressed right now, or he is shedding right now? I didn't fully understand the question.
I'll assume that you meant the first.

Of what I know, stress CAN affect a tegu's shedding, but doesn't neccesarily. It may take them longer to do it if they are stressed, as they aren't focusing on it as much.

If I am wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

sillysallie

5 Year Member
well we have only had him for just over a week so we know he is stressed considering all he does is sleep. I was just wandering if stress may cause to shed?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
sillysallie said:
well we have only had him for just over a week so we know he is stressed considering all he does is sleep. I was just wandering if stress may cause to shed?

I would think it may be the exact opposite.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegus do not shed due to stress, they shed because they out grow the old skin, or the old skin needs to be replaced as with the adults.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam