• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Should I get a baby or young-adult tegu?

oomer

I’m looking to get my first tegu, and I am considering two options. Which is a better choice

1. Buy a baby tegu from UGR
2. Buy a young adult that has already gone through guberty from tegusonly.com

any help is appreciated

Acre

If you get a baby you can assure it's raised right. A young adult that's been given a marginal diet and marginal heat and UV may have issues you can't easily correct.

EcoV

5 Year Member
I’m looking to get my first tegu, and I am considering two options. Which is a better choice

1. Buy a baby tegu from UGR
2. Buy a young adult that has already gone through guberty from tegusonly.com

any help is appreciated
Neither. Check with rescues and afoot one that needs a home. Commit to it for life.

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
IMO I always purchase my reptiles as baby's. It's nice seeing them grow and mature to adults. It's strictly preference at the end of the day. All options given, young, juvenile or adopted are good. As long as you can provide the best possible home, attention and care to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam