• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Signature Limits

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just discovered there's a way to limit signatures so they don't get to large and unruly. Does anyone think we should implement a maximum signature size for links text and images?
Your feedback is appreciated!

jumper123

It doesn't matter much to
Me I think font size should be kept low but I enjoy seeing everyones collections and images

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah i think the pics should have a limit, i need to resize mines, i uploaded it from my phone and cant resize it, but i will when i can get to a computer

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Definitely
Also,.. is there a restriction on posts,.. general chit chat and games. I don't think they should be added to post counts. Unless I'm thinking of another forum there use to be a break down for post and how much time you spent where.

Like 55 % or posts in General Discussions,.. 60 in tegu care or what ever.

jumper123

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Definitely
Also,.. is there a restriction on posts,.. general chit chat and games. I don't think they should be added to post counts. Unless I'm thinking of another forum there use to be a break down for post and how much time you spent where.

Huuh?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz is asking if posts in the general discussion and off-topic areas count towards a users post count. The answer is yes. I haven't seen a plugin that will break down where people spend time posting, but if I do, I'll look into it.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Doesn't really bother me,i enjoy seeing what it is everyone owns. We'll the large sig pics are a bit too much sometimes, that's more scrolling and me lazy :p, but its okay,then again i do like sig pics like reptastic pic of his two Gu's so it does not bother too much at all.

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Definitely

Ah i believe i know what your trying to describe. I remember on the old tegutalk theme/site (w.e lol) it said my most active forum was Boids and pythons and i had about 86% of my post in that forum. It was something like that. It was pretty useful.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Also,.. I don't feel that they should be added to the post count. It's the same as sitting in a chat room and getting credit for it. It's good to have them to help keep the forum going during down times but at the same time can be abused and used for the wrong reasons.
That would be exactly :D what I was talking about SE,.. so it was this forum.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Agreed, general chit chat is fine but I don't think it should be counted as regular posts. I could sit in an off-topic section and post all day boosting my posts.

At the same time, I wish the reputations would be used a little bit more. I think its a great tool, it really helps members know who they can go to for advice and who's info they can trust.

Reputation can also help towards it, if you see someone trying to boost it you could always leave a comment or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced