• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

size

Gx3

5 Year Member
My red I got from Bobby is about the same age and he is about 22 inches snout to the tip of his tail, but from what I've read all tegus grow at different rates and go through growth spurts at different times

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is correct, read this Kara:
Tegu growth rate is not based on the animals in general. All tegus are different and grow in spurts; they all do not grow at the same rate. Just because a tegu is the same age as another tegu, that does not mean they will grow at the same rate. One tegu can grow faster in one spurt, then the other one might grow slower until it hits a spurt of growth. I do know that tegus can be stunted with improper diet, but I also know that tegus fed well seem to not be growing very fast at times. The best thing is to make sure that your tegu is feeding and just give it time, he will grow and he will become large at the rate he is going to grow. You can not compare one tegu to another, each animal is different and will grow to full adult size in three years.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Our baby Blues are all about 14" at 5 weeks old. They must be growing an inch or 2 a week!!

My tegu is 14" too...glad to know he's in line with his siblings.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
Our baby Blues are all about 14" at 5 weeks old. They must be growing an inch or 2 a week!!
My tegu is 14" too...glad to know he's in line with his siblings.
You're obviously doing a great job!! If he wasn't getting enough UVB or nutrition I doubt he'd be growing that fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced