• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sleeping habits

Schad

So I just recently got a young Colombian Golden Tegu, prolly 7 to 8 in nose to vent. And I was wondering about its sleeping habits. It is normally up around 6 or 7 PM then back to sleep before midnight. It's going through shed at the moment, and she is still eating(crickets, scrambled and boiled eggs at the moment). Temps on hot side are about 115 with heat gun, 75 to 80 on cool side. It has a hide box and lots of decor and a big bowl(enough she can swim). But she is pretty much always buried. I have mostly just snakes and just find its behavior perplexing. Bedding is 3/4 cypress mulch 1/4 coco husk. Only above heating.

P.s. I say it and it's only cause I don't know if it is a boy or a girl yet.

Zyn

It’s normal till they get settled in and some size on them.

Also think about some pinky rats and fish and other food sources. There really isn’t much value in crickets

Schad

Thank you. I plan to get her some Dubias soon. I also gave her some little pieces of cooked chicken. I add a pic is she really big enough for pinkies?

Attachments

• 20190120_170247.jpg
    20190120_170247.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member