• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sleeping problems

Kiwi

So I have a Tegu who is Argentine black-and-white and there name is kiwi. I don't know whether or not I should be concerned about this but they seem to be waking up early and retreating to their burrow only a few hours later. Since I am in high school I leave before they wake up and I only get home a little bit after the retreat back to their burrow meaning I can't exactly get them food so I do have a Mist King set up and I replace their water dish every other day. Other than that they're only a month old so I cannot tell what gender they are. So really what I'm trying to ask here is what should I do to make sure that they get fed or is there a way to change their sleeping pattern in which they will be up in active by the time I get home from school?

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Lol...you can absolutely change their habits - they'll get hungry enough to start coming out at a different time if you stick to your routine, and don't slip into their idea of when feeding time is. It doesn't take that long - but within a couple weeks - I'd think the change could be complete, or sooner. Good to replace the water like you are doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744