• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Small update on Zilla (Added Pics)

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Zilla has had an eating problem for most of her life. She is an extremely picky eater, and would only eat turkey meatballs, which I always dusted. Now I hve gotten her to eat some other things. She apparently likes fish, and will eat that with no problems, and out of all the fruits I have tried, she will eat a few mouth fulls of kiwi, and maybe one bite of mango.

What Ive done, is startin making her meatballs have mango and kiwi centers, and she will just eat the whole thing no problem. So Im making a little progress in getting her to eat a bigger variety of foods.

My question is, how big should a 26 month old red tegu female be? Im wondering if her groth has been stunted. Zilla is abut 30" from nose to tail. She lost about a half inch off the tip of her tail about a yea ago due to injury. Is this an average length, or small?

Last edited:

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Some pictures of my lizard and I hanging together.

14uu9eu.jpg

2zgdefs.jpg

11klf2r.jpg

91hvs6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz