• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

So what you think about this one?..

Steven.

So kahno has been slowing down a lot. Hits the bed around 4pm ish, wakes up around 12pm. Wakes up every other day. Eats every two or three days. Very skittish most of the times now as well. So i was reading the hibernation article our very good friend bobby posted, and i read this.... "If a baby tegu misses the first year of hibernation, they can reach three feet or more in one year. If the baby hibernates he will be the same size at the time as when he started hibernate. Babies that hibernate will reach about half as much or less in size as those that do not hibernate"... WTH!!! I already got one of the smallest tegus, i dont need him not growing to his full potential.. Any opinions on this?..

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't believe hibernation prevents them from growing to their full potential. Just takes them a little longer to get their.

Steven.

james.w said:
I don't believe hibernation prevents them from growing to their full potential. Just takes them a little longer to get their.

Thats excatly what i thought until i read that. I just kinda tripped a little. lol. Thank you james as always.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got 2 that were very very very small due to poor diet and hibernation. They both made it to an average size. Your tegu will grow a little slower but sleeping all winter won't doom it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam