• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

some hints on how i tamed my Iguana

RobK.

I did this short video on how i tamed my rhinoceros Iguana . not sure it will work with everyone , but it did with Roni . The giver of food think worked .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GBMeghJNVo&list=UURYBDYZZ4Zr7EYLOgGSsuQQ&index=1&feature=plcp

ReptileGuy

watched almost all your videos~!!! great work! keep em up! luv the vid of him coming out of his tank and climbed on you <3

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
What a great and informative video! Thank you so much for posting. I do have one question; I noticed at one point during the video it looked like Roni was posturing at you (he raised his belly off the ground and I saw a slight arching of his tail). Is that normal for him? Just curious, not critical. I remember when you posted on here more frequently, so i know what a good reptile keeper you are. Roni has turned out to be a truly magnificent iggy. Well done. :)

RobK.

dragonmetalhead said:
it looked like Roni was posturing at you (he raised his belly off the ground and I saw a slight arching of his tail). Is that normal for him?

i will have to take a look . was it near the end . he really really loves his tail scratched , i rub with my fingers ,top and bottom . he pushes his tail up towards my finger as scratch it .

looking at back it , i think i was scratching his tail with my left hand just before that , thats the only time he raises it like that . he really loves that and arches right at my hand . He gets real a little nervous at times with the camera right in his face sometimes . so i was switching hands and rubbing his tail , when i do that he opens his eyes again and relaxes . Also it didn't t help that my lab was looking to him through the basement window either , but he's is slowly getting use to that . My Lab's got to be with me or watching me every second . no matter what room i am in he will lay by that window . He''s great dog and one of my best friends .home and in the field .

Jakepose_MG_4352.jpg

my lab is spoiled , sometimes he even sleep in bed with me when my wife is out of town . she does'nt know that though . LOL depend how much he is shedding . witch is almost non stop .

My wife was gone this day too LOL

IMG_4925.jpg

sorry , had to sneak in a few photos of my buddy !!

last , and my favourite photo of Jake .
you should see the commands that he does , he's amazing . voice or hand signals doesn't matter with him he will do either . :)

jake_1.jpg

frost said:
haha dont like trolls on your videos?

trolls ?

i am a old guy so i am computer lingo illiterate !! LOL

ReptileGuy said:
watched almost all your videos~!!! great work! keep em up! luv the vid of him coming out of his tank and climbed on you <3

the humidifier/fogger video , or the one when i call him ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK4poOgmpIA&list=UURYBDYZZ4Zr7EYLOgGSsuQQ&index=8&feature=plcp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744