• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Springtime Behaviour

Skeep

5 Year Member
Now that I've had Fluffy for a few years I've noticed she has certain behaviors in the springtime when she comes out of hibernation. For one she is much more sociable and seeks attention more. She is much more exploratory and wants out of her enclosure quite a bit! Oddly, despite the fact she is more active she has a tiny appetite. She also insists on sleeping in the bed, though for the rest of the year she prefers sleeping in her hide. She actually learned how to break out of her cage just to sneak into the bed sheets!

Just curious what behaviors other people have noticed in the spring, or if maybe Fluffy just has a unique personality at this time of year.

Skeep

5 Year Member
Fluffy in her natural habitat.

Attachments

• photo5172548467875227576.jpg
    photo5172548467875227576.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 17

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can't comment on Alphas behaviours yet as I've only had him about 7 month.......After hibernation and in spring is tegu mating season I think and I reckon all the caracteristics of fluffy are due to her feeling sexually active..

beardeddragon111

Yup, my tegu becomes very very active when waking up from hibernation. First hell shed, then he destroys anything and everything there is to destroy. Flips the water bowl a lot too. They get a sort of spring fever.

Skeep

5 Year Member
Yup, my tegu becomes very very active when waking up from hibernation. First hell shed, then he destroys anything and everything there is to destroy. Flips the water bowl a lot too. They get a sort of spring fever.

Yeah Fluffy always flips the water bowl and tears apart her cage too, but that's mostly to get the crazy springtime shed off. Once that's done she isn't quite as destructive! Sooner or later I'll put some rougher surfaces in her cage to rub against.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980