• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Stitches!!

Chris & Stitches

Stitches is now 30” long, and seems healthy, but he still will not eat anything other than live mice.his personality and behavior are perfect so I don’t want to try force feeding him.he just will not eat vegetables or cut meats or anything.he took one bit of scrambled egg months back but that’s all I could get him to do.this is my only frustration with this lizard.
Will it wind up being a problem that he self identifies Strictly as a predator?

Chris & Stitches

Recent pics
Also he will hit the glass doors with his tail and scratch on the screen ceiling and make the biggest ruckus for someone to open his door, and then he calmly comes out like he owns the place.super cool lizard if you socialize with them a LOT

Attachments

• 244962ED-4269-4BAC-A48F-EC440FAECF5E.jpeg
    244962ED-4269-4BAC-A48F-EC440FAECF5E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • B3D393ED-221F-47EB-8F38-DF0C858B201E.jpeg
    B3D393ED-221F-47EB-8F38-DF0C858B201E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

Stephen J. Williams

Why don’t you try Reptilinks? You can customize many different size “sausages” with a variety of proteins, veggies, and fruits. My gu has always loved them and they are nutritiously adequate to ensure that your tegu thrives. BTW, I also supplement with f/t mice. Good luck!

Dylan koch

I've never seen a tegu deny reptilinks. But I personally dont feed mine them I have though. But I dont feed vegetables and some tegu never will est them. Mine do eat fruits though. I feed mine insects occasionally, but mostly ground Turkey, salmon or other fish, chicken, chicken hearts gizzards liver, quail,quail and chicken eggs, rats, mice, and ect. A varied diet is always the best and from the beginning so they dont become picky! Have you tried blending stuff with stuff your gu likes? Also I prefer to not live feed as it can cause temperament issues and I never feed in the enclosure due to past experiences with prolapsed and impacted tegus. Also always use suplements with meals like calcium with d3 even with whole prey just very little compared to non whole prey. Hope this helps any questions dont be afraid to message me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced