• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Stuck shed question

Jay&barry

So I'm going to buy e45 cream for him since alot of people recommend i.( With a bi weekly bath instead of his current 1per week) but I haven't seen any applying instructions...my be a dumb question but should it only be a little bit or as much as he can absorb before it won't soak in anymore? I'm getting it today but I don't want to over do it. Also is there a waiting period for baths when i use e45? Thank you!

Acre

I may have mentioned this in another thread but I provide a thick layer of cypress mulch and dump water in it weekly. Large slabs of slate are provided for borrowing. The humidity under those slabs tends to run 70-90% even though here in AZ the RH runs around 20%. I don't do soaks and have yet to experience any shedding problems.

Jay&barry

I may have mentioned this in another thread but I provide a thick layer of cypress mulch and dump water in it weekly. Large slabs of slate are provided for borrowing. The humidity under those slabs tends to run 70-90% even though here in AZ the RH runs around 20%. I don't do soaks and have yet to experience any shedding problems.
Thanks for the tip! He's in a 4x8 wood hutch atm it is waterproofed but a whole bucket may be too much for it till his main enclosure is finished

Acre

I converted a relatively cheap and light 8 x 3 horse trough. It works well with my approach. I put trellis and a combination of pothos and plastic plants around it for aesthetics.

Jay&barry

Oh sick. Mines 2x4 and ply only waterproof enought to protect the wood for long term use but haven't gotten the permit cage set up yet

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
If your Tegu has stuck shed try grinding up some calcium tablets into his/her meal. Next day give your tegu a warm soak in the bath. Should come off within a day or two!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602