• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Substrate questions.

Lizardon

Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out how to make the lightest weight substrate possible. I am actually going to go off darrow's enclosure ideas. This enclosure would be in my bedroom which is above the basement.

I wanted to figure out how to make sure this is safe to do.

So I found out for 64cubic feet of topsoil which is enough to fill up a 8x4 with a 24 inch depth would weigh around 6,000lbs+

However.... I found out that the same cubic feet of peat moss (wet weight) would be around 4,600lbs+? Still way too much weight.

So checked for 32 cubic feet (which is just half the height) it would be around 2,310lbs?

So I am wondering how can I make all of this lighter? I really want to go bioactive as well so I am trying to go with the least amount of weight I can do.

I am trying to keep the structure/foundation of the enclosure really strong, while keeping the rest really lightweight. ....

Any tips and tricks?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam