• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

"Super Blue" Tegu

KhanKrazy

I apologize right now since I'm new to this, but what is the difference between the "Blues"? For example one of my local reptile stores has a Red, Black and White, and "Super" Blue Tegu. I understand the red, but what is the difference with the other two? Here's a photo (sorry, not good quality) of the "Super Blue"

Attachments

• SuperBlue.jpg
    SuperBlue.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 195

Lochlan

The only difference is that the blues have a lot more white then the normal black and whites they tend to be quite more beautiful

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
blues are slightly smaller and have less jowls (in the male) too.

But also sounds like the reptile shop might be trying to over sell the blues by calling them Super.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Blues also have a black teardrop under the eye and a burnt nose as in your photo. I agree, super blue sounds like hype, gimmicky.

Nickali21

The only difference is that the blues have a lot more white then the normal black and whites they tend to be quite more beautiful

Blue tegus have different markings. Their snout will have charred looked to it. And underneath their eyes, there will black tear drop markings. Black n white won't have these

Dylan koch

Super blues are hybrids, which I don't really get why they are called super blues. I would think it would be pure blues but morphs but this is typically super blues genetics 87.5% blue 12.5% chacoan

Dylan koch

But genetics vary from breeder to breeder it's usually blue and chacoan from my understanding but have heard of some with purple tegu mixed in which is 50%blue and 50% red tegu

Dylan koch

How much are they selling their different tegus for? If you were thinking of buying we can point you in a good direction! I recently got a lot of hybrids mixed with black and white and blue and just black amd whites. All super tame price is 250 shipped

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam