• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TAG! You're it!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
So....... I, after many years of various reptiles, have gotten my "first tag ." Haha. And oddly enough, it was dished out to me by my adult male ball python. He has NEVER bitten under any circumstances before...even when being probed for sexing, in which he got the probe stuck and it was an extremely unpleasant situation. This tag was totally my fault. I put him in his feed bin and noticed a dry patch on his head. So I STUPIDLY reached in to hold his head so I could pick at it and he struck at my hand. He clamped down, wiggled his head to sink his teeth in good and deep and wrapped his entire body around my fist. I was in complete shock! ... so, who else has a story?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
uploadfromtaptalk1366159571256.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366159589261.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the club. I've only been tagged by my bps a couple of times. Two males I had, (well one I still have) was notorious for trying to get a peace of me. But I expected it so they didn't. The last time he had a go at me I jerked out the way and dropped him. Luckily he wasn't that high up and I was on carpet but he hasn't tried since. I've been bitten by baby tegus more than anything else lol.

bfb345

my female normal nails anything that comes in the cage i hate getting bit by leopard geckos they are crazy id rather take one from a baby retic much nicer

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
The funny thing is, I have a corn snake who often tries to get me when reaching in cage, but once out is nice. Also have a new jungle carpet python who is very nippy and strikes at everything. This was my TAMEST NICEST SNAKE who got me. Haha. Not in a zillion years would I have expected a bite...but now I know better how strong that feeding response is once he is in his feed tub. Again, totally my own fault that it happened. Dumbest thing I've done in a long while... :confused:

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Oh...and I've decided...snake hook for all snakes when taking out of containers where I would 'suspect ' a strike. :p

Deac77

5 Year Member
Hmm were to start lol. First tag was a giant fence lizard as a kid (still have the scar) but I've been tagged by skinks, corns, pacman frogs, african bullfrogs, my tegu, fresh hatches retics, 18 foot retics, ball pythons, iguanas I bet the list can easily keep going, comes with raising and breeding I guess haha

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes...i pick everybody up with hands normally...but now that I have the snake hook I use it to get my nippy ones out. Once out they are pretty much fine. I think it's good to have 'just in case ' though. I love it :) haha and it's telescoping so I can make it long or short. The girl at the pet store was like "I love that thing! It's so cute! " haha

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Nice ;) ...i used to have an iguana years ago. He used to tail whip me. Haha. I moved out of state so couldn't take 'all ' of my animals back then, in my 20's, and he was given to my nephew :)

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
What do you have currently for animals? We have 2 small dogs, 2 ferrets, 1 hedgehog, 1 tarantula, 1 cuban knights anole, 1 bearded dragon, 1 snow albino corn snake, 3 ball pythons (1 normal, 1 pastel, 1 spider that we just got yesterday.plans to breed with the pastel) , 1 jungle carpet python. I think that's everyone...haha. it's funny when you have to think like that, isn't it? "Did I forget anyone? " haha:p

Deac77

5 Year Member
1 Bearded Dragon-Stubble
1 African Bullfrog-Rex
1 Fantasy Frog- Hypno Toad
2 Tiger Salamanders- Flotsam & Jetsam
2 Green Iguanas- Spike & LeeRoy
2 Veiled Chameleon-Pascal & Cleo
1 BWxRED tegu-Kirby!
LOTS of Tarantulas
2 Sulcata Tortoise- Chunk and Scoot
1 Leopard Tortoise- Nugget
1 A. versicolor (tarantula)
1 B. smithi (tarantula)
1 B. vagan (tarantula)
1 Pink Zebra Beauty (tarantula)
1 Pumpkin Patch (tarantula)
1 Green Bottle Blue (tarantula)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Been charged and attacked by my fathers "tame" 8-9ft croc monitor, been bit and nearly severed my pinky by an 8in alligator snapping turtle in a creek/bayou area last year, been bit by several tegus, chameleons, and anoles. I'll try to get some pics of whatever past incidents I can find.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced