• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Taming help

RexTheGuardian

Hello, I have a Golden Tegu, he's about 1 year old now. I've had him since he was a few weeks old, but have made no progress in getting him calm. The store I got him from kept him with 6 other babies, which he was the runt of the litter. He seems to really HATE people, he will run and hide the second a person gets close to the cage, and if he's being fed he will wait until I walk away from his cage to eat or will run and hide and reject the food for hours. I've tried a few different methods but no progress has been made so far. I really want him to like me, but so far nothing's changed. Any advice would be appreciated.
-Thanks.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From My experience I would say these animals are a shy and reclusive reptile that are happy just in their own company ... also upto about 2 I would say they are still juvenile and extra flight motivated ..... just keep going and I'm sure it will come round and trust you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam