• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu’s behavior changed after i went away for 1 week

Len

So i went to a trip for a week and left my gu(vox) in my dad’s care. I made sure that all he’s gonna do is change the water and put in food when vox is sleeping so that my dad wont do anything that might annoy vox.

I just came back from my trip like an hour ago and i’ve just checked on vox. I was very shocked when she immediately bit my hand. I tried to make her calm down by slowly showing the back of my hand and my arm that i’m not food(it usually works) but she even attempted to bite it. There was little change and she became a little calmer. But every movement i make she will immediately bolt and tries to bite my hand.

She doesn’t seem to be afraid or stressed, she just sees me as food. It really made me heartbroken when she just seem to not recognize me anymore. I’m really scared because i really don’t want her to be like this..

Zyn

Feed her sounds hungry my sev is
Slightly food aggressive in his enclosure but calms
Down once he sees I don’t have food.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam