• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu a little small?

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Hey guys! So I recently got an ice Tegu from underground on the 2nd of November and they said he' was about four months. Now to me he seems small and I feel like he shouldnt be. He just started to slow down and has been sleeping for long periods of time. But should I keep him up if I want him to grow and so I know he will be OK to brumate? Heres a pic will post more after class today

Attachments

• 20171115_161247.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 19

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its not always about size ....As long as he/she is healthy you should be happy.
Also I believe that your tegu should determin its living, eating and sleeping routine and not you.... To keep waking up a sleeping tegu will detract from him/her being able to trust you and in my eyes is classed as cruelty..... I mean could you imagine how pissed you'd be if someone was waking you up everytime you tried to sleep:D:D

Zyn

Agreed all around,the only reason I'd wake him is if he went down with a fully belly. Even then provided with a basking spot, he'd come up and take care of that himself. I lift Sevs hide every few days , but just enough to see him breath. He doesn't even open an eye lol.

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I haven’t tested this but I bet I could kick’em when they’re sleeping without them budging.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
lol thanks guys. ido let him sleep. I only wake him up a few times because he ate a large meal finally and then he went to sleep. he just went and did a big poop so now he can rest w/o me having to worry. you guys are awesome thanks for responding

Tegunation

Ice tegus are not huge tegus either they are mostly blue with a little bit of red. Blue tegus are normaly a smaller tegu so most likey it wont be huge like a chacoan Black and white. Also yeah let him sleep its normal for this time of year. During the summer feed him like crazy he'll grow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980