• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu ate her tail

Mikeiam

So my tegu recently got a hurt tail like it looked cut on top of her tail yesterday so today I went to check on her and she was out of her cage and had blood on her mouth and nails and her tail is gone !. Why would she eat her own tail she’s always fed everyday ! So I know she wasn’t starving ..!

Mikeiam

I have no idea what’s been going on with her. But her tail is no we’re to be found and I just figured she ate it cuz the blood on her mouth

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Animals sometimes eat or chew things that are bothering/painful to them. Question is how did it's tail start bleeding in the first place? You might check your enclosure for probs maybe? Sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi