• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu ate poison

Scales and Tails

My adult tegu ate a mouse that could be poisoned can that hurt him
Hi Blake. This is a very time sensitive thing. If you believe the mouse was poisoned, you must act quickly. Yes, depending on the poison, it can hurt or kill your tegu. Get to an emergency vet immediately if possible, do not wait for symptoms of poisoning. They have ways to help a poisoned patient, the faster treatment/support is started, the better likelihood of a positive outcome.

BlakeYerian111

Hi Blake. This is a very time sensitive thing. If you believe the mouse was poisoned, you must act quickly. Yes, depending on the poison, it can hurt or kill your tegu. Get to an emergency vet immediately if possible, do not wait for symptoms of poisoning. They have ways to help a poisoned patient, the faster treatment/support is started, the better likelihood of a positive outcome.
I took him to the vet and they gave him some medicine to sterilize the poison and they said give it 2 days and bring him back ya I went to the shop were I get mice and they called me and said that they gave me the wrong mice and those mice might be poisoned and I already fed him one

Scales and Tails

I took him to the vet and they gave him some medicine to sterilize the poison and they said give it 2 days and bring him back ya I went to the shop were I get mice and they called me and said that they gave me the wrong mice and those mice might be poisoned and I already fed him one
Hi Blake, happy to hear you got to the vet. Hope everything turns out fine. If this was the mistake of the shop, they could/should help with vet bills. It's excellent that they called you but that is a bizarre mistake, for a shop to have poisoned mice lying around. Good luck to you and your tegu!

BlakeYerian111

Hi Blake, happy to hear you got to the vet. Hope everything turns out fine. If this was the mistake of the shop, they could/should help with vet bills. It's excellent that they called you but that is a bizarre mistake, for a shop to have poisoned mice lying around. Good luck to you and your tegu!
Ya he's fine ya they gave me money for the bills the vet said it was in his system but not as bad as if he would had ate it directly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam