• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu bites anything and everything I hold or pick up!

MayoManFight

My tegu always loves to run up to me and attack whatever it is I’m holding whenever I’m in her sight. She even goes after fingers or toes when people are walking or dangling their hands off the couch, and it’s starting to become a little concerning. I can’t even take a drink from my water bottle without her scrambling onto the couch/literally leaping into the air to bite the **** out of my water bottle. Has anyone experienced this kind of behavior with their own tegu? She’s definitely in her teenage "hungry monster" phase, so this might be the cause, but I just wanna see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Attachments

• 7029C241-53FB-4FEE-82C8-D5DDD846B402.jpeg
    7029C241-53FB-4FEE-82C8-D5DDD846B402.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • E0EE44B3-01CD-45F9-934C-359D2355C549.jpeg
    E0EE44B3-01CD-45F9-934C-359D2355C549.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9

ToadHallBetty

LoL, Little Buddy will leap out of his enclosure at me when I open the door. Target train your Tegu so he knows there will be no food in he doesn't see the target. "Clint's Reptiles" recently put out a video about target training a big Tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam