• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Brumation/Future Breeding?

TeguTeep

Hello all, we have an Argentine B/W female who is supposedly 9 months old (had her for two) but we think she is wild caught from the Everglades (scars on body and yellow/orange belly). We want to breed her next season and we’re wondering if she would be okay to, considering those facts. I’m not sure if she brumated or even sure she’s wild caught (just an educated guess). I’d figure if she was WC, she’d brumate on her own? What are the chances if she did miss her first brumation? Thanks!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
If I was breeding, I would wait until she was a healthy young adult....so the 3 yrs old mark sounds good to me.
I do have a male that had no idea he should wait that long....he just assumed my 4-5 month old female was there just for him.

I didn't see that coming, and the members here were very helpful in advising me to separate them. Once again, all is well.

(Don't sweat the brumation....they pick and choose their moments according to their environments)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam