• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu doesnt have forked tongue?

Chelsea Deveneau

I recently got a blue/red hybrid from a reptile expo near me and after getting her home and giving her some time to adjust I took her out and realized she does not have a forked tongue. Other than having a person tongue she seems perfectly normal she eats good and shes active. Has anyone seen this before? Should I be worried?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi, good morning and welcome ....

The fork in a lizards tongue is to create higher sensual sensitivity and makes it easier to distinguish left and right..... This shouldn't cause any problems in captivity as there is no demand to find food or need to be highly sensitive for predators.

Chelsea Deveneau

Sorry the photo is kind of blurry it's really hard to take a picture of her tongue

Attachments

• 20191015_205055_024_saved.jpg
    20191015_205055_024_saved.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam