• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Enclosure Help

JustAnotherHerper

Hello, I will be getting myself a columbian tegu very soon and the time has come that I need to have an enclosure ready for him. Could you guys tell me what you use? How you made it? What works best for you? Any tips or advice is appreciated. Thank you

Teguixin.22

I have my young one in a 40 gallon breeder with Soil as the substrate and live plants. I'll be converting an old dresser into an enclosure when she gets bigger

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I used an old triple door wardrobe.... I stengthened the back board to use as the base lined it all with pond liner to try prevent the humidity destroying the wood and cut some windows in the front and replaced 2 of the doors with plexi glass as the ceiling... it measures 5 X 4 foot so gives plenty of floor space and is 2 foot high but with the glass roof doesn't look or feel enclosed for him.

I would highly recomend lining with pond liner though as the humidity destroyed my other in less than a year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602