• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu enrichment

Sean32817

With Rex growing so fast I swear I can watch him grow if I stare long enough, he's outgrown previous things I've purchased for his home for shelter and enrichment, thus forcing me to improvise until he stops growing.

I gave him a pair of cinderblocks to sun on, with them doubling as caves to crawl through or rubbing against to help shed.

His latest enrichment was a cardboard cement form tube from Home Depot - four feet long and I believe an eight inch diameter - which he likes walking through and using as a hide.

At his size he can easily walk through or lay in it and with some effort, turn himself around inside, although at the rate he's growing he likely won't be able to reverse course in another shed or two.

He definitely likes it though and it should fit him until at least next year.

I'm also working on harness training Rex - using the smallest one I could find at Pet Smart - so that he can safely get some outdoor time.

Otherwise it's exploring the family room and chilling with me on the couch, usually falling asleep across my lap.

So what other things can be safely added to a tegu tank for enrichment - are there any toys or objects they like but can't/won't eat?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam