• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu escaped in school- PLEASE HELP!!!

Jesse German

Hello there. I have an Argentine B&W tegu, Lizzy, as a classroom pet. She is about 2 feet long and the size of a baseball bat in diameter. Our first teacher workday was Monday and overnight Liz broke through the screen top of her cage. My classroom door (inside) was open. There is no way that she could have gotten outside, but she could be anywhere in the school. I have torn my classroom apart looking for her- air vent, closets, cabinets, under all furniture. I have also set out a basking lamp near where she escaped and have been leaving food nearby to try to entice her to come out. Does anybody have any tips or suggestions on how to lure her out from wherever she is hiding. She is my baby and it breaks my heart to think about her not coming back.

Zyn

How large was her enclosure in the classroom and I’d check around the heaters of each class room and ask to see in the electric room. I doubt the door was open because these rooms are supposed to be locked, but the equipment gives up a lot of heat. She’s probably pretty cooled down since she doesn’t have a heat source around and the cool tile/concrete floors will leach heat from her body. So my guess she’s either found a heat source or somewhere hidden and sleeping. Hopefully she didn’t crawl into anything that could hurt here. The school is one giant death trap I’m afraid for any reptile.

Jesse German

How large was her enclosure in the classroom and I’d check around the heaters of each class room and ask to see in the electric room. I doubt the door was open because these rooms are supposed to be locked, but the equipment gives up a lot of heat. She’s probably pretty cooled down since she doesn’t have a heat source around and the cool tile/concrete floors will leach heat from her body. So my guess she’s either found a heat source or somewhere hidden and sleeping. Hopefully she didn’t crawl into anything that could hurt here. The school is one giant death trap I’m afraid for any reptile.
Her classroom enclosure is 6 feet by 3 feet. I am staying late today to try to listen for any movement once people have left. I will check all of the air vents too. That is what I fear too :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602