• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu having eye problems?

Chenpoes

My little guy seems to be having some issues with his left eye. I noticed when I first got him he frequently would get substrate (an eco earth/repti bark/spahgnum moss mixture) into his eye and would 'tear up' a bit and blink a lot until it came out, but after a couple of days he seemed fine. Now he has started keeping his left eye closed. He keeps it open when walking around or being moved, but once he's still or focused on a task like eating, he keeps it closed. There's no excess liquid this time either. To me his eye looks normal, but I can't be sure of course. He otherwise acts fine, a bit sleepy but overall eager to eat, normal poops, and somewhat active. If needed, he has a flood light that keeps the basking spot around 115f (taken with temp gun), and uncovered UVB from a reptisun t8.

IMG_20200809_215424.jpg

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
My male was doing that until I corrected (increased) the humidity in his tank. Hopefully, the substrate thing was just a separate issue. Hope this helps - I got that bit of info from another member on this forum. It took a few days, but seemed to improve almost immediately. Also - I'd throw him in the tub where he can get a good soak.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced