• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Hirbernating

JohnGinnIII

Is it true that Tegu that hibernate get smaller then ones that do not hibernate. And if so how big are they expected to get. My girl is hibernating now I'm sure. And she is only 18 inches or 24. But I heard females get 3ft long. Is that still going to happen or will hibernation change her expected length and size.

Zyn

Brumation is a normal part of their life cycles with some variations between reds blues and white it won’t have any effect on her adult size

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
If you want them to breed then brumation is necessary for that. other than that your tegu will grow normal just like any other tegu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi