1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Tegu Identification lol

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Marcus7coates33, Feb 2, 2018.

?

Columbian or argentine

1. Columbian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Argentine

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Marcus7coates33

Marcus7coates33 New Member

Hello everyone,
    This is my first post on this website. I am trying to see if anyone can tell me if I have an Argentine or a Columbian tegu.

Attached Files:

2. Gary

Gary Member

Argentine!
  3. Marcus7coates33

Marcus7coates33 New Member

Cool thanks!!! I thought so just wanted to make sure. Does anyone know how to check the sex
  4. Debita

Debita New Member

I have seen videos about checking the sex, bit it seems wildly invasive to me, and dangerous to the animal. When I asked one of the experts (Rodney Irwin) he agreed that it's too risky and could easily damage the animal. I have a year old and have no idea what the gender is. I think it will be obvious down the road maybe? Good luck!