• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu - issues

caalon

Hi All

Hope you are well.
I'm reaching out to you in hope you will be able to assist me with issues that I have with My male b&w tegu.
In short, he is over 1 yr old now (captive bred). I got him in March this year, he was at that point around 7-8 months old (but still not so big). He was very active, he was coming out from his viv on his own when glass was open (wooden viv with front glass sliding door, 6x2x2ft, UVB T5 light with basking spot over stone slab) he was very interactive and curious and eating everything (and shedding regularly , but then things went downhill. Around 8 weeks ago, we had to go on holiday, and took him to boarding house for a week, since we took him back (around 7 weeks ago), he is very reclusive, only occasionally coming out, and generally he feels scared and not trusting. He does have moments where he will come out, climb over me or my wifey, but this is not something that he does frequently, i would say he done it couple of times since he is back.
As you appreciate, we are now getting worried, although he is not loosing weight, he did not shed once.

Nothing changed in his vivarium since we've got him in March, still 12h daylght, 78F in cold, around 110F basking.
Could you help? (we live in UK by the way :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced