• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu not eating

CRH3012

Hi,

So today marks 5 months that my Juvenile tegu has been sleeping. It just seems like whatever I do he wont wake up! I'm starting to get a little worried because he is a juvenile and not full grown...hes come up out of sleep on his own a few times throughout the 5 months, and whenever hes been out I've tried offering him some food but he doesn't seem to take it. I've been keeping my lights on and all the temps are correct but he still isnt coming out. Is this something I should be worried about since he's a juvenile or will he be fine? The not eating part kind of worries me as a first time tegu owner.

Tizzay89

Wow long time no reply.
Well if u still need some info here u go :p

B4 i bought my bw i did like 5 maybe 6 hours of research on them vids articles etc. Multiple sources as no 1 will ever agree on certain things about tegus lol. Might wanna try this it will answer most your questions.

5months of sleep time is fine. Reports of tegus sleeping for 9 months no issues.

If your tegu is coming out then look at it. If it seems under weight then worry. Keep providing fresh water. Not sure on the food as they are not suppose to eat b4 they go down pretty sure ur suppose to wait a bit b4 offering food to make sure it doesnt go back to sleep lol. During this time they slow down their metabolisms so the food just rots inside them.

Maybe possible you temps are wrong? Also they will hide from to much uvb so i have read.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602