• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu not growing very quickly

jesse munday

Hey guys,
I'm new to this site but i'm a new tegu owner. It's an argentine, and it's about 4 months and only 13 inches long. Can anyone tell me why?

N8bub

Some grow fast some slow. Maybe not the answer you are looking for. How often do you feed, daily hopefully. Temps optimum? 120 basking 80ish over a gradient? Humidity good? Need a little more info to give an informed opinion. Has your gu possibly started hibernation?

Skeep

5 Year Member
My gu was about that size at that age, though she had a bit of a setback :) She's grown a lot between 4 and 6 months though!

Rebecca Stout

Mine is small in my opinion. Its a girl. At nearly a year old she was 25 inches. She is more than a year and half now, but only 38 inches I think. I'm pretty bummed. I wanted a big booger.

Derek Doel

Mine guy is 2 years old and is 42 inches long. He went on a huge growth spurt in the summer, was shedding once a month.

SamBobCat

Mine at three months old was only 10.5 inches long. He's now only 23 inches at 10 months old, but has been growing like a weed in the past few months

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced