• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu owner to be looking for help and advice

Andy doug

• Hi. Im looking at becoming the owner of a baby argentine tegu in the next few weeks and would just like some added info to be sure i have the correct setup.
    the enclosure i have build so far, it currently stands at 6ft high 5ft wide and 3 ft deep with small gap chicken wire front .. i plan to have 3 levels with easy to use slopes as i understand tegu do not like climbing also have a cat litter tray i plan to bury on the bottom layer filled with around 7inches of water and the basking area on the top layer, middle layer i will use as the feeding zone
    Right now i have a 100watt heat and UV comby bulb but do plan on adding a UV strip light before i purchase the tegu
    I would also be grateful of some advice from other tegu owners on a diet for a baby tegu
    Thanks Andy

Waters

Welcome Andy. The chicken wire front will probably have to be changed both due to the inability to hold in humidity as well as the Tegu rubbing his/her nose against it constantly. Regarding feeding, I fed my baby a combination of insects, pinkies, and homemade turkey balls consisting of turkey, eggs (including the shell), calcium, and algae.

Zyn

Seems pretty tall and a lot of wasted space, not only are they not much for climbing but pretty lazy don’t be surprised if he doesn’t leave the bottom layer when larger

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Even with corrected height, width of 5 ft is insufficient for well-being at adult size which happens quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam