• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu poop question

Nero

5 Year Member
I know it sounds weird I just keep coming up with more and more questions, but I just wanna be a responsible owner. Okay here it goes. Is the tegus poop suppose to be solid or runny. One time his poo looked like it was all in one lump and other times it was runny. One time i had him on my tummy and and he decided to take a poo on me and I didnt have a shirt on either!!!. But his poo was kinda runny.

jose2187

5 Year Member
depends on what your tegu eat's , my tegu's are healthy and if they eat eggs sometimes they have runny poop when they eat turkey and hearts and livers its more solid so I think it depends on what you feed them, in some cases constant runny poop may be signs of sickness or parasites but not always

angelrose

5 Year Member
while we are on this topic of tegu poo :oops:

what is the white/yellowish kinda hard'ish stuff that comes out first ?
(and then the big stuff follows)

I always did want to know

jose2187

5 Year Member
the urine is solidified and comes out white since they use the same vent to pee and poop it comes out like that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980