• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TEGU SALE GONE BAD

angelrose

5 Year Member
if someone said / typed they were selling 1.1 sexed black & white args and then my daughter got excited and I bought them for her. (teaching her about reptiles). at first I was relieved they arrived healthy and I had a little doubt about one of them. a month and half goes by and I can clearly see that the one is a cross - black, white and red arg.

what would you think ? feel ? do ?

angelrose

5 Year Member
Hi Bobby, I only have the pics I submitted during Easter weekend. and now that she is alot bigger (almost the size of Angelrose already) now you can clearly see the (dark) red gone down her back.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It would be nice if you would post pics, that way we can confirm your beliefs that it is a cross. Hey, I believe you, but without pics, you can't prove anything.

I would recommend contacting the seller and notifying him/her that it is indeed a cross (regardless of whether you want any action taken.)

I don't know if you would still want the animal (I myself probably would assuming it was/is healthy and sweet), but if you don't, you should, as I previously stated, contact the seller (include pictures) and politely but firmly demand a refund (or a replacement, if you so desire.)

tupinambis

5 Year Member
Not to upset anyone, but I guarantee you that you CANNOT tell a T.merianaeXT.rufescenscross by visual inspection of the colours. First thing I'd have to ask anyone claiming so is aside from colour, which is an unreliable trait with a species as polymorphic as Tupinambis merianae, what other characters are you using that would differentiate a T.merianae from a T.rufescens and what would be the new phenotype in the cross? T.merianae have red dorsal colouring in their genes naturally, just because you see some does NOT mean there has ever been any hybridizing.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
tupinambis said:
Not to upset anyone, but I guarantee you that you CANNOT tell a T.merianaeXT.rufescenscross by visual inspection of the colours. First thing I'd have to ask anyone claiming so is aside from colour, which is an unreliable trait with a species as polymorphic as Tupinambis merianae, what other characters are you using that would differentiate a T.merianae from a T.rufescens and what would be the new phenotype in the cross? T.merianae have red dorsal colouring in their genes naturally, just because you see some does NOT mean there has ever been any hybridizing.

If that is indeed a fact, I don't think that you need to worry about upsetting anyone :p

angelrose

5 Year Member
what other traits would I look for tupinambis ?

as you know the only other proof is word of mouth from a 'after the transaction' phone call.

and that person purchased them from Bert Langerwerf.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced