• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu stuck shed

Mikeiam

Ash usually always sheds good her tail and face usually last an rn she’s having some trouble shedding here tail about 4-5 inches of stuck shed . Her humidity and 70-80% at all times her basking spot and everything are good so idk what could be the issue she was congested and finally poope today idk if that will help

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I just ordered betadine and chlorhexadine to use on my adult male. His tail has been stuck for months. Soaks haven't worked for me. I do believe the oils have to be beneficial. Tried the Vita-B Complex too. I think it may be constipating him, so I've had to discontinue it. Someone talked about soaking in the Betadine, so I'm going that direction for now. I noticed that the chlorhexadine was a similar disinfectant and will try that too. "Shed-ease" didn't work at all. It's mostly aloe vera with some glycerin. I noticed no difference after several soaks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced