• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu tamin

Kyle Sene

My tegu is very good in his cage he eats off my hand will climb up it to come out lets me pet him. But when i take him out he runs and hides in a corner and stays their. So i cant use that method of taming. I been trying not to take him out till its used to me which it seems like he is when im in his cage but not out. Is their any methods i can use to where i can take him out and he wont run away and hide in a corner?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you tried carrying him to the bathroom and visiting there?

Kyle Sene

Have you tried carrying him to the bathroom and visiting there?
Yeah but he just sits in a corner doesnt try to explore and i tried the tub and after he rested on my lap but taking him back to the cage he freaked out twice and on the way to the bathroom

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, others have experienced tegus that take time to adjust to open surroundings.

I'd start again with the tub. Once on your lap, gently cover him with a loose-fitting t-shirt your wearing. He'll like the secure feel and darkness. You should talk to him.

Return him while still under your shirt also talking to him.

Kyle Sene

Well, others have experienced tegus that take time to adjust to open surroundings.

I'd start again with the tub. Once on your lap, gently cover him with a loose-fitting t-shirt your wearing. He'll like the secure feel and darkness. You should talk to him.

Thats a good idea imma definitely trying that

Kyle Sene

Making process he walked around the bathroom and didnt freak out on the way their walked around for a while then hid in my pants for the rest of the time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602