• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu toys?

Lavin45

Hello! Ok so my Lokisauras is getting pretty big , she's 19&5/8 inches. I leave her door open when I'm home so she can wander as she pleases but I recently found her playing with a cat toy and she seems to LOVE to chase the cat ropes and stuff. So I guess I'm just trying to find out if anyone knows of a website or some great ideas to creat my own tegu toys. Anyone hear anything I'd love to hear about it !!!

Dee-Dee Idrais

My babies love the cat toys as well. They also enjoy playing with shoes for some reason. The other day I got t a silly idea to cut holes in the big box and they just kept going in and out through the multiple openings. Silly guys lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No matter what mine are doing, when I visit their outs oor enclosure while wearing my crocs, they're instantly drawn to the holes, probing their snouts into them and scratching.

Ferdinand

I've found that they really love knocking stuff over. I normally set up a series of paper towel tubes up and let my guy knock them over. He normally then shoves his snout in the tip and pushes them around for a good while.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've found that they really love knocking stuff over. I normally set up a series of paper towel tubes up and let my guy knock them over. He normally then shoves his snout in the tip and pushes them around for a good while.
Yes. They're active foragers that use their incredible sense of smell to find food that they relentlessly work to dig up!

DreamsOfTegus

I've tried a kong style toy with mine. He loved it but I didn't think it out too well and it made a huge mess.

He also likes plastic water bottles, shoes, soft dog toys, and rubber balls. He will pick up and carry these items around, shake them, bite them, and stash them. He'll even chase a ball around for a while until he gets bored of it. Hiding food is generally a good way to enrich the lives of captive exotics like tegus. He always has a rubber ball (dog toy type ball) and a large stuffed toy, the right size to carry around, available and he does use them.

battyrubble

5 Year Member
we play tag, really, he hides under the couch and then pokes my foot with his shnoot and runs, all I have to say is Im going to get you! and its on, he literally pings out of the room

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
we play tag, really, he hides under the couch and then pokes my foot with his shnoot and runs, all I have to say is Im going to get you! and its on, he literally pings out of the room
I love it.

Justin

5 Year Member
My motorcycle cover when I have it laying in the living room floor is my tegu's favorite toy he loves to crawl around and sleep in it.

summbear48

what about like a small cat tower type of thing? holes they can climb in and out of, different levels. I am assuming not too high but anyone have one their Tegu has actually used?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602