• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu's front legs seem misshaped, could a fall when (s)he was younger have caused it?

Hi guys, I haven't posted in about a year, since brumation lasted a little longer than expected. So the Gu's have been getting plenty of sunlight in the yard, plenty of calcium (w/o D3), and eating perfectly. However an issue one of my tegus had back in October is still present, I figured it would go away with age, but has remained and I've narrowed it down to 2 potential reasons.

A year ago (back when I only had the one Gu), my BnW was very small, and I, not being the wisest thinker, decided to place him on my shoulder while I pulled his food out. That was a terrible decision, as he jumped from my shoulder onto the floor. I'm only about 5'7-5'8 but still, I'm like a building tall in his eyes.

I hadn't noticed anything because nothing was visible externally, he ran around fine, ate like a champ. Even now, a year later, he acts like it's a non-issue, and most people I've spoken to online haven't even noticed it. But I notice it, especially when compared to my Red girl. He can stretch his legs, and walk fine, but there's definitely something off.

My #2 theory is that I may be overfeeding calcium, since I haven't found an appropriate calcium dosage for them yet.

At the moment they're both relaxing. They may look a tad thin since they've been sleeping a ton for the past couple months.

aY5Q5Az.jpg

isrLlHr.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam